Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Saturday Everybody

Happy Saturday!

Wow, I slept really well last night- just like a rock for seven hours!  Mind you, I usually sleep five hours so seven is really a huge indulgence.   I woke up without an alarm, surprised to feel so refreshed. Today's going to be a full day: This morning, I'll be dropping off my 6.5 lb Yorkie at the groomer, Pawsh (honestly, they are the best!), while I grab a mani/pedi and a 2 hour workout at Life in Synergy.  I haven't been there in a while so I'm looking forward to a rockin workout: I'll be hitting them up for 2 classes.  This afternoon, I'll be visiting a girlfriend who just had twins and bringing them a few baby outfits (so excited!)

I started this morning with an interesting oatmeal. I say 'interesting' because it was sort of sticky, like Japanese mochi- I guess I know what I'll be making when I'm craving that!  The recipe looked like this:

1/2 cup Instant Oats
1 tablespoon Ground Psyillium husk
1 tablespoon Ground Flax seed

Mix that all up in a big bowl.  Add enough water to cover everything.  Pop it in the Micro for ~2:15 min.  Voila! Mochi-style oats! (?)

I topped it with 2 spoons of sliced almonds and a sprinkle of dried cranberries.  Normally I'd add a little sugar but I'm trying to slim down :P

I'm not sure that anyone is reading this blog yet but have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment